The National Network for Mental Health launches redesigned website
The revamped website includes:
- A new design and navigation structure based on user feedback
- Survey question of the week
- Consumers’ Forum
- Blogs of interest
- Amazon.com (a place to shop while helping the NNMH – a percentage of purchase proceeds go to NNMH)
- Regal Catalogue (another place to shop while helping out the NNMH – a percentage of purchase proceeds go to NNMH)
- Members’ information and more
NNMH is a virtual organization and the redesigned website will be its main avenue for keeping in touch with its membership. NNMH hopes the new site represents its organization as a welcoming portal to find information and will help to reduce the isolation that many consumer/survivors feel.
NNMH has also posted a new membership fee structure that can be found on the website’s ‘Members’ section’. They ask that you rejoin – or sign up as a new member – so that they can update their new database.
For more information on NNMH, please contact Julie Flatt at firstname.lastname@example.org